Berry Picking

One of my favorite places ever is Lincoln Ridge Farms in Convoy, Ohio. Every year they have a huge fall festival, which I missed this year. I have gone almost every year growing up and it is something I’ve always looked forward to. They have a variety of activities. This includes the classic hayrides, corn maze and pumpkin picking.

Recently I went there and picked blackberries, raspberries and grapes. They also have peach and apple orchards. My mom and I spent a few hours picking. It was such nice weather and we enjoyed being outside. It was pretty busy when we got there, but slowed soon after we got started. After a while, it started to get kind of tedious, but it was worth it. The grapes are very different from the ones you buy at the grocery store. They are much smaller and sweeter. The blackberries and raspberries were really sour. I made a tart with them, which I have never done. It turned out great! 

I love finding ways to spend time outside doing things I don’t do regularly. I had a great time and will definitely do it again! 





Comments

  1. I've always wanted to go berry picking! Fruit from the store is nice but stuff fresh from the source is unbeatable. I have natural blackberries that grow back at my home near Cleveland, but I've always wanted more fruits to pick. I'll have to check out Lincoln farms sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found a way to spend time with your mom. I know you have talked about food on here quite often. I was curious if you planned on putting some of the items you picked and make a pie or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this. When I lived in Indiana when I was little there was a mulberry tree on our property. My brother and I would pick berries that my dad would use to bake weird desserts. My mom would scold us for eating some of the berries right off the tree without washing them first. Our parents tried to make it a chore but in the end we would just eat until we were sick to our stomachs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts